- June 23, 2006 - Palm Beach County
Comprehensive Plan is frozen until the Town creates its own
- October 12, 2006 - Palm Beach County
ordinances are frozen and will become the initial ordinances of the town.
- November 1, 2006 - The town of
Loxahatchee Groves is officially created and established
- January 30, 2007 - Noon is the
earliest time to register as a candidate for town council
- February 6, 2007 - Noon is the latest
time to register as a candidate for town council
- March 13, 2007 - Election of town
- March 27, 2007 - Runoff election if
- March 29, 2007 - 7:00 PM first meeting
of the town council
- March 30, 2007 - Town officially
April 2007 -
Mayor and Vice-mayor are elected by the town council.
Town manager and city attorney are selected.
Work begins on town comprehensive development plan
Transfer of county statutes to town statutes begins